Assalam Mosque Re-Opening
Assalam Mosque will be reopening with limited capacity of 30% starting on Wednesday June 17, 2020 for 5 daily prayers.
First Jum’ah Salat prayer starting June 19, 2020.
There will be two Jum’ah Prayers: 1st Jum’ah Prayer will be 12:45 to 1:15 PM, 2nd Jum’ah Prayer will be at 1:30 to 2:00 PM.
Insha Allaah.As the Mosque starts to reopen, we kindly ask everyone to follow the public health guidelines of Physical Distancing of 6fts or 2 metres for each other and use of personal protection equipment such as masks and gloves during your time in the Masjid. Also be ready to follow instructions from volunteers of the Mosque.
As you prepare to come to Assalam Mosque for salat, perform Wudu at home and bring your own prayer mat and plastic back for your shoes to every salat. Also, be aware that the salat will be done in 15 minutes. Mosque opens 10 minutes prior to Iqama and Mosque closes 10 minutes when each salat is finished during this COVID-19 situation.
Reminder we will not let you inside the Masjid if you don’t have a Mask
Important Notice: PRAY AT HOME IF YOU
- If you are elderly or you are with someone over 60 years old
- Are experiencing flu-like symptoms, a sore throat or a fever
3. Are out of the country within the last 14 days
4. Have underlying medical conditions or compromised immune system.
What You Need to Know Before Coming
To protect the health of our congregation we have guidelines in place that everyone must abide by, otherwise you may not be permitted to enter:
- Face Masks: all congregants are responsible to bring their own face mask.
- Prayer Mats: you are responsible to bring your own prayer mat and take it with you after each prayer. Prayer mats will be placed 6 ft. apart, in accordance with Public Health guidelines.
- Shoe Bags: you will need to bring a bag to place your shoes in and keep it next to you while you pray.
- No Sunnah prayers: we ask our congregation to pray their sunnah salah at home to minimize the amount of time spent in the community hall.
- No washroom access: our washrooms will be closed so you must make wudhu at home before you come.
Thank you for your understanding and May Allaah keep us safe for all of us.